A Comprehensive Review of A Cloud Guru
A Cloud Guru (ACG) is a leading cloud learning provider that aims to help individuals and organizations enhance their cloud skills. With an extensive content library, hands-on learning environments, and certification-focused courses, ACG has become a popular choice for those looking to level up their cloud knowledge. This article provides an in-depth review of A Cloud Guru, covering its features, pricing, user experience, and alternatives.
Overview of A Cloud Guru
Founded in 2015 by brothers Sam and Ryan Kroonenburg, A Cloud Guru was created to respond to the expensive, outdated, and cumbersome traditional training providers. In 2019, ACG acquired Linux Academy, combining the strengths and benefits of both companies to create a modern tech skills learning platform. Today, A Cloud Guru boasts over 2 million users and more than 4,000 organizations that rely on its comprehensive learning resources.
In June 2021, Pluralsight announced its intention to acquire A Cloud Guru, with the acquisition expected to be finalized in late 2021.
Supported Technologies and Certifications
A Cloud Guru offers courses and resources to help users learn and become certified in various cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Additionally, ACG provides training for other technologies such as Linux, DevOps, and Kubernetes.
ACG’s learning approach focuses on delivering up-to-date courses, interactive labs, and learning paths to maximize user engagement. The platform’s instructors aim to motivate learners with hands-on learning experiences in real cloud environments. Bite-sized lessons are designed to fit into a busy workday, ensuring users can learn at their own pace.
Key Features of A Cloud Guru
A Cloud Guru offers a range of features to support users in their cloud learning journey. Some of the most valued features by users include:
- Interactive Content Library: ACG’s extensive content library provides users access to numerous courses, quizzes, and certification practice exams.
- Hands-On Labs: Through ACG’s unlimited hands-on labs, users can practice their cloud skills in real cloud environments.
- Cloud Playground: This feature allows users to experiment with cloud platforms using virtual servers and sandboxes.
- Certification Accelerator Program: A Cloud Guru provides a structured learning path to help users achieve their certification goals.
- Learning Paths: Users can follow pre-defined learning paths to gain the skills they need for specific job roles or technologies.
- Skills Assessment: ACG’s skills assessment tool helps users identify their strengths and areas for improvement.
- Study Groups and Community Forums: Users can engage with other learners, ask questions, and share knowledge through study groups and community forums.
- Mobile App: A Cloud Guru offers mobile apps for Android and iOS devices, enabling users to learn on the go.
- Management Portal: The platform provides a portal for tracking learner progress and generating reports.
- Integration with External Applications: A Cloud Guru integrates with third-party applications such as Degreed and EdCast to offer a seamless learning experience.
Pricing and Plans
A Cloud Guru offers two main pricing plans for individuals:
- Personal Basic: Priced at 379 per year), this plan provides unlimited courses, quizzes, certification practice exams, weekly cloud roundups, community forums, and ACG mobile apps.
- Personal Plus: Priced at 499 per year), this plan includes all features of the Personal Basic plan, along with unlimited hands-on labs, cloud playground access, certification accelerator programs, learning paths, skills assessment, study groups, and the management portal.
There is no setup fee for either plan, and both plans offer a free trial for users to explore the platform before committing to a subscription.
Organizations looking to provide Cloud Guru access to their employees can contact ACG for custom pricing based on their requirements.
User Experience and Reviews
A Cloud Guru has received generally positive user reviews, with an overall rating of 7.6 out of 10. Users appreciate the platform’s comprehensive course materials, hands-on labs, and engaging instructors.
However, some users have reported issues with the platform’s interface, suggesting it could be less cluttered and more straightforward. Additionally, users have noted that some courses may not go as in-depth as they would prefer, and more practice questions could be available for exam preparation.
Alternatives to A Cloud Guru
While A Cloud Guru is a popular choice for cloud learning, other alternatives offer similar features and benefits. Some of these alternatives include:
- Pluralsight: A well-known learning platform that offers a wide range of technology courses, including cloud computing. Pluralsight’s acquisition of A Cloud Guru is expected to further enhance its cloud learning offerings.
- Coursera: A popular online learning platform that partners with top universities and organizations to offer cloud computing courses and certifications.
- Udemy: A massive online learning marketplace offering various cloud computing courses, including certification-focused content.
- LinkedIn Learning: A professional learning platform that includes cloud computing courses and learning paths focusing on career development.
- Whizlabs: A platform specializing in certification training for various cloud platforms, offering practice exams and video courses.
A Cloud Guru is a comprehensive learning platform for individuals and organizations looking to enhance their cloud skills and pursue certifications. With its extensive content library, hands-on labs, and engaging instructors, ACG has helped millions of users level up their cloud expertise.
While there are some areas for improvement, such as the platform’s user interface and depth of course content, A Cloud Guru remains a popular choice for cloud learners. With Pluralsight’s acquisition of ACG, users can expect even more robust cloud learning offerings.